12 Months of Transformation and Results at Rubicon Project
In a year of transformation for the industry, Rubicon Project has been evolving too. Since I took the helm as CEO in March of 2017, we’ve refocused our efforts on delivering greater transparency and choice in pricing and auction dynamics, and we’ve increased our investments in a variety of critical areas, including client service, brand protection, and buyer tools.
Not only are these changes making it easier for sellers and buyers to do business on our platform, but they’re allowing us to deliver better outcomes for them. The results, which we discussed in today’s earnings report, are encouraging:
- We’ve increased header bidding installs from just over 300 at the end of 2016 to more than 700 at the end of 2017, nearly doubling our access to inventory
- Buyers are spending significantly more through our platform in mobile and video
- The aggregate amount of money we deliver to our sellers continues to grow
- We maintain a cash balance today of more than $100 million
- We expect to have positive adjusted EBITDA in Q4 of this year
Despite this momentum, we’re constantly looking for ways to be more efficient and nimble. That’s why we’ve undertaken a variety of cost-reduction measures this quarter. As always, we’ve taken care to ensure these changes don’t affect the quality of our solutions or service. In fact, they position us to better meet the needs of our clients in the long term.
To our valued clients around the globe: thank you for your business and your partnership. The Rubicon Project team and I are working tirelessly to help you grow your business and stay ahead of the curve, and we look forward to serving you in 2018 and beyond.
CEO, Rubicon Project
Note: This post was derived from a letter we sent to our clients on 3/14/2018.
Tags: Buyer, Seller